Near Sawrey

Sunday, May 04, 2008

I was up at 3am this morning giving Margaret and Denis a lift to the airport in Liverpool, they have taken a few days break in the sun. It was an eventful journey to say the least, first of all on the Graythwaite road we came across a couple of big Red Deer and on the new bypass at Newton both Denis and I spotted a small animal neither of us could identify!
Just as we got to our destination we ran into roadworks and I did not slow down to 50mph quick enough and the speed camera flashed,I hope there was no film in it,on the way back the South bound side of the carrigeway was closed and I could see why, there was a man sitting on the edge of the bridge parapet and two policeman were I guess trying to talk him into not jumping.
On arrival back home I ran into the loudest and longest thunderstorm we have had in a long time crashing and banging for almost an hour, we were lucky the power stayed on.

No comments: