Near Sawrey

Sunday, May 30, 2010

A few pictures we took this afternoon on a long walk over Claife and down onto the shores of Windermere.

This Claife Station built in 1790 and used as a viewing station for the Victorians to take in the magnificent vistas of the lake, it is being restored by the National Trust, they have cleared out lots of trees that obscured the view over the years.

No comments: