Near Sawrey

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Drama in the village today, neighbours of ours heard a smoke detector going off in a holiday cottage and went to investigate to find the kitchen full of smoke all the doors locked and the sound of a dog barking, they rang 999 and were told on no account open the door as there me be a danger of a back draft causing the whole place going up in flames.The fire brigade arrived and went in the house to find  two little Chihuahuas which sadly had been overcome with fumes, the holiday makers arrived back at the cottage and were understandably distressed.

No comments: