Near Sawrey

Sunday, October 29, 2006


No Way through this gate




I never heard the rally go through in the early hours but most at Buckle Yeat did.
A much better day on the weather front, it's like spring.

Four rooms left this morning and only one to check in, it will go very quiet in the next few days as we reach the end of the season.
Bill and Jill left this morning with the adorable Holly dog, I have been plying her with sausages all week (Holly not Jill) and this morning she let me stroke her head twice, the only problem was I tried to stroke her three times and that was one time to many, good job my reactions were quick, she must have been badly treated as a pup.

Hill Top closed today, that's always a major influence on the visitors to the village.

Matthew took Sarah, Frazer and Jen to Oxenholme to catch their respective trains, Lancaster, Glasgow and Southampton. A pity it was such a bad day yesterday but I think they enjoyed the break.

We had a good walk this afternoon round by the tarns and then down Cuckoo Brow lane into Far Sawrey.
It seems strange going dark just after 4.30 with the hour change.

No comments: