Near Sawrey

Thursday, November 09, 2006

We had a pleasant surprise this morning,the postman brought a large parcel that contained flowers and chocolates, it was a thank-you from Matthews friends Jen & Frazer who stayed with us a couple of weekend ago, there was no need to send anything but it was a nice gesture.

The sun returned today and it has been a glorious autumnal day, we went to Kendal, it was haircut day and we just needed a few items to keep the freezer stocked up. I treat myself to some new shoes, I hate buying shoes but managed to find some that suited.
We were back before it went dark I hate driving in the dark.



I spotted this alarming notice on the ferry.



I took this shot on the way across Windermere.


Helen took this on the way back.

When we got back Denis had just about got his hanging baskets and troughs planted up.
A big fuss on the news today Red poppie or White poppie for Remembrance Sunday, I think I will keep out of that one.

No comments: