Near Sawrey

Monday, February 19, 2007

A dreary Monday with rain arriving in the afternoon.
Just the one family in tonight from Dublin, they are in all week.
We have been back a week and have only this morning noticed the massive fir trees have gone from the Tower Bank House, not to be confused with the Tower Bank Arms, the powers of observation.

I had to go down to Hawkshead this afternoon for some free range eggs, our normal supply from Amy at Hill Top farm has dried up, she tells me she has got rid of her hens. She works part time in the Honeypot and told me they had plenty, we have had them before from there.



Denis rang from Spain yesterday and told me about a close encounter with a Brazilian dancer who was on a float during the annual Carnival, all I could make out where the words "tassels and feather boas"!!!

No comments: