Near Sawrey

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

We got this email and picture from Tangwyn and his mates who did the bike ride last weekend.

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to write a quick (if belated) thank you to all of you who sponsored us for the ride last weekend. At latest count the event had raised over £10,000 for Cancer Research UK; the donations you made were without doubt a big part of that, and helped make a special day even more special.
Over 270 riders took part in the ride and even more people rocked up for the after-party, which provided much-needed alcohol to numb the pain in arms, legs and especially bums! The weather was superb and the trails in great nick, so there were going to be no excuses for not completing the course...As you will see from the attachment (ignore how fresh we look in the photos - they were all taken in the first 20 minutes!) we did complete it, though perhaps not as quickly as we would have liked! However, we came 8th out of the 14 teams riding together, and in any case we will be back to make amends next year. As I've said, it was a special day, and one that all of us know Sam would have loved to been around for.
Thanks again,

Tangwyn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello, I'm mellony and I'm a student at Olive-Harvey in Chicago College.This is my last year here I graduate this Fall of 2008. I also enjoy reading your blog, I think you have beautiful pictures. Are these pictures personal to you.